Getting enough sleep isn’t only about total hours of sleep. It’s also important to get good quality sleep on a regular schedule so you feel rejuvenated when you wake up.
Lack of Sleep leads to:
- Lack of alertness: the body decides to slow down.
- Impaired memory: The brain shifts to short-term memory and does not let the information attach to your memory.
- Relationship stress: because you get tired or even wake up tired, people you communicate with feel your passive or apathetic state.
- Physical changes: like weight gain, due to the imbalances of hormones – leptin and ghrelin that become less sensitive and signal you to eat more when you’re not hungry.
- Greater likelihood for car accidents: slow reflexes, lessened attention.
- Quality of life: You may become less likely to participate in normal daily activities or to exercise.
And now, let’s convert the lack of sleep facts into getting enough Sleep Benefits:
- Enough Sleep leads to: Prudence: your body is rested and ready to conquer the world.
- Improved memory: the recharged neurons signals to your brain, “We are safe to store information”
- Relationship success: You become mindful person and you get to decide if you want to have positive relationships or augment other situations.
- Healthy metabolism.
- Cautious, Safe driving abilities.
- Active lifestyle.
Other ways to improve your Sleep:
- Set the scene: Have your sleeping attributes as clean and non-toxic as possible. If you can, use Organic sheets and natural topper/pillows/comforters. You will less likely to wakeup with the headache, stiffness, itchiness etc. Like natural wool bedding will adjust to your body’s temperature and will keep you war, in the winter and cool in summer. You will wake up feeling like you’ve been communicating with nature.
- Set your priorities and be committed to your health. Including going to bed at the same time each night, waking up at the same time every morning.
- Create personal sleeping routine. Spending an hour before bed doing relaxing activities, such as reading. meditating, face masks, drinking herbal tea, stretching or taking a warm bath.
- When you don’t take care of yourself properly, the diseases pop up and remind you to take care of yourself.
- Mind what you drink: Energetic, Alcoholic beverages are meant to make you feel like you are escaping the reality and you’re doing whatever you want to in that state. Instead, everyday do what you want to do and DON’T DO what you don’t want to do. It takes time to understand this simple rule for happiness – sometimes we need to unlearn to do certain things to learn what we truly want to do.
- If you love caffeine from coffee, try bulletproof coffee.
- Get back to reality, be mindful and grateful.
- Have your mind and inner will be your favourite caffeine (metaphoric) meaning that you find a quote that keeps you motivated and you just follow it.
- Limiting daytime naps (or avoiding them altogether, try to meditate instead)
- Avoiding heavy meals two hours before bedtime.
- Refraining from using electronic devices right before bed.
- Exercising regularly, but noting the evening hours close to bedtime.